Take your olive oil outside the kitchen to upgrade your beauty routine, polish furniture, or solve problems around your home
1. Get oil-based paint out of hair: Apply some oil to the drops of paint in your hair and gently work out the paint with a comb. For a large amount of paint, soak the area with oil and wrap it with plastic wrap. Once the paint is loose, you can use a comb to remove it.
2. Release a stuck zipper: Dab a Q-tip in olive oil and carefully rub it on the teeth of the zipper. It should move freely.
3. Polish wood furniture: Combine two parts olive oil and one part lemon juice to create a homemade polish. Rub it gently into the furniture and allow to air-dry.
4. Remove makeup: Place some olive oil on a cotton ball or pad and apply gently to your eyes or other areas. Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
5. Add it to a bath: Use a few tablespoons of olive oil in your bath to get extra soft skin.
6. Get rid of head lice: Coat your child’s hair in olive oil and wrap it with plastic wrap around the entire head (not over the face). Leave the wrap for 2 to 3 hours before washing the hair with shampoo. Remove any dead lice with a comb.
7. Clean stainless steel: Buff stainless steel appliances or sinks with a dish towel and some olive oil, then dry with a paper towel.
8. Replace shaving cream: Rub oil on the area to be shaved and shave normally. Wash the area with warm water and use a towel for drying.
See more clever uses for household products: